Marketing automation is a buzzword these days. But, says AWeber founder and CEO Tom Kulzer, a lot of companies are going about it all wrong.
He should know. Aweber has been a pioneer in this field, along with email marketing, for its 20-year history. Its 120,000+ customers send out 4.5 billion emails every month.
Tom shares some best practices, as well as how he overcame the challenges that come with going from one-man shop to 120 employees. One of his biggest tips for CEOs: be in charge but don’t be in control.
During our conversation he explains what that means and goes into…
- Why you should never be the smartest person in the room
- How ego can sabotage your company and its growth
- The alternative to “trial and error” for solving problems
- The #1 thing companies get wrong about marketing automation
- A simple trick for writing more engaging emails that get opens and clicks
- And more…