Business seems to breed complexity. In fact, if you feel overwhelm or stress it's likely due to the fact that your business has reached a level of complexity that you can no longer manage it with your current thinking, systems, and resources. Recently, I sat down with Dan Kuschell. If you don't know Dan, he's the CEO of Genius Network and he's started 11 businesses. In this interview, Dan covered some deep and different thinking on the topic of simplifying business...
In the interview you'll discover:
- Dan's "3D" framework for getting things off your plate.
- The critical question that will give you the power to get dramatically more done with ease.
- How to connect with your own "genius network."
- The pull method of making progress vs. the push method of struggling forward.
- The vital importance of who is not in the room (it'll make sense when you listen to Dan).
- This is an interview worth listening to twice (probably more) to pick up the small things Dan shared, that delivers tremendous power.
00:11 Steve introduces Dan Kuschell, a serial entrepreneur who amongst other things has built 11 companies.
1:04 Dan tell us how he started off in business, beginning with Direct Mail at the age of 22.
4.40 When dealing with difficult problems Dan likes to use the “Push and Pull” method. Although now he uses “pull” a lot more.
7.20 Steve talks about the benefits he personally got from using one of Dan’s systems for recruiting. Dan knows a thing or two about it since he’s personally done 22,000 interviews!
10:50 The 3 “D”s- “Document it”, “Duplicate it” & “Delegate it”
12:47 Dan explains more about the “pull” aspect of doing business and how all entrepreneurs are rugged individualists.
16:55 Dan tells about the Annual Genuis Event, where the regular community can get access to amazing individuals and information.
20:17 Dan explains what makes the event stand out from the others and breaks down what happens there.
25:31 Dan explains how to gain access to the event.
27:47 Dan tells us what he’s reading right now.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe Polish
- Genius Network
- Direct Mail
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Jim Collins
- E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Strategic Coach
- Dan Sullivan
- Tony Robbins
- Begin With the End in Mindby Dr. Stephen Covey
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss